Monday, February 16, 2009

Pictures~

This is the orphanage administrator who brought Aleigha to us. She had 5 layers of clothing on!I keep trying to get a picture of her smile but no luck so far. This is as close as I could get..

This is at one of the goverment offices. We had to get interviewed and take pictures and sign and fingerprint a bunch of documents..
Isn't her coat and hat so cute!?! Her favorite "toy" is the kleenex pack from my purse!
This is a pic of the orphanage administrators bringing the babies to the hotel...


Here is our group at the square yesterday...
Here we are in the hotel lobby waiting for our daughters!

This has been a very busy, crazy day! The orphanage administrators brought our babies to us at 10:30 am this morning. We all went to a conference room and held the girls and signed many documents. We were able to go back to our rooms for two hours to bond with our girls. Aleigha was very scared of me but took right away to Jeff. I think it helped that he had dark hair. They never see any other color! :) So we went to our room and after I gave her a bottle, then she was ok with me too. Then she fell asleep in her crib and we had to wake her up to go to 3 different goverment offices to get her Chinese Visa and make the adoption official on the Chinese side of things. She did very well and really didn't stop moving and looking around the entire time. She seemed to be getting used to us and more relaxed. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and she sat in her stroller and watched us eat. She clings on to the kleenex pack like it's gold! I think she likes the noise it makes when you hold the wrapping? OH.. we gave her a very quick bath and she hated it! We'll try again tomorow. She went right to sleep in her crib at 7:30 tonight by rubbing her belly and singing Rock a Bye Baby. She really likes that song!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good night's sleep...

6 comments:

Shana Rodeen said...

She's so pretty!!! Hope you get some sleep!

Dad,Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dad,Sheila said...

What a beautiful baby!! Glad to see our 7th grandchild. She looks bigger than we thought. What size of clothes is she in? What does she weigh? Hope all three of you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Cammie said...

Congrats Shel and Jeff!! So very happy for you!! She is beautiful!

Stacey said...

She looks AMAZING!! She is so adorable and looks so healthy. I can't wait to see her in person! Sounds like she is sleeping well-you are so lucky. Just get back here-I can't wait!!

Melissa S. said...

Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you all last night, after I calculated that it was almost 10am in China, and couldn't wait to check your blog! She is absolutely gorgeous. Please post what size she is so I can get her a little outfit...I've been holding off so far, but can't much longer! Enjoy your time in China with that wonderful baby girl!!!