Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beijing Day 2

Here are some pics from the Great Wall two days ago...


Now I'm blogging about yesterday since I was way too tired last night to get on the computer. It was a big day yesterday and we have one hour before we leave to meet Aleigha so this will pass the time! Ok.... we left the hotel yesterday at 8:30am to go to Tian'Men Square and the Forbidden City. The square is where Chairman Mau proclaimed the founding of the People's Republic of China on October 1st, 1949. The Forbidden City is where Chinese Emporer's lived. It's officially called The Palace Museum - it was completed in 1920. It was HUGE!! It was soooo cold yesterday too with a lot of walking but we all survived!
Then we went to a silk factory where we learned how silk is made. It was really interesting.
After that, we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and I actually ate my entire meal! It was so good.
I wasn't feeling too well that morning because of the lack of sleep but the cold air woke me up. Then Jeff started feeling sick by the time we got to the airport. I thought he was going to lose it on the airplane. It was really turbulent and was an hour late taking off. Then to top off the whole day, the woman next to Jeff puked in a see through bag and held it the entire last 30 minutes of the plane ride!! Talk about gross...
We got to the hotel about 9pm and this hotel is beautiful! The rooms are bigger and there are more amenities. They had a crib, stroller, toys and baby bath set up in each of our rooms! Now we're all ready to get her this morning!! I'll try to update pics later today of our daughter! :)

2 comments:

Shana Rodeen said...

Awesome pic of you at the Great Wall! I'm so excited for you to get Aleigha! I have literally been counting down the hours today since about 10 our time this morning : ) I just CAN'T WAIT to see her!!!!

Stacey said...

My eyes are welled up just thinking about it!!! I would normally be excited about you seeing The Great Wall but I just don't care right now!!! PLEEEAAASE post pics. ASAP of Aleigha and with you guys holding her. Please don't make Shana and I wait!!