Sunday, February 22, 2009

2nd day in Guangzhou..

This morning we left at 9:30 am to visit an outdoor museum in Guangzhou. It had intricate wood carvings and paintings and embroidery. Then we went to a Pearl Market. It was bigger than anything I've ever seen. It was a 6 story "mall" full of pearls and beads! Our guide, Zhou, takes us to a particular shop that he always brings his groups to because it is high quality and good prices. A strand of fresh water pearls started at 10 RMBs! That's less than 2 US dollars!! They also had strands that were 3200 RMBs... but i couldn't tell the difference. We got home an hour ago and Aleigha is taking her nap and we just got done eating Subway again. Thank goodness for them! They are cheap and good. :)
I'm not posting any pictures today because I downloaded pictures from Jeff's camera yesterday and now the disk is "broken" so I'm no longer allowed to touch his camera! I downloaded all of the pics off of Jeff's disk so we didn't lose any pictures but he thinks they print better off of the disk.... whatever. I'll try to remember to take pics with my camera (that i think takes just as good of pictures) and post them later. It was really hot and muggy today and I think tomorrow is supposed to be 83.

Last night most of us ate at a restuarant with outdoor seating and it was perfect weather... then we walked by the river and it was actually a bit chilly. By then it was 8:00 pm. Aleigha slept very well again last night. I think we are back on track. She fell asleep in our bed and then we moved her to the crib. She slept until 6:30am.
Not sure what the plans are for tonight. Jeff is going to play ping pong with Zhou at 4:30. Zhou is VERY good at ping pong so it should be interesting. :)

Tomorrow morning we have free. Zhou is taking all of our paperwork to the Embassy to process the Visas. Then in the afternoon we are walking to a Jade Market which is very close to the Pearl Market we were at today. It is on the inland of Guangzhou but still walkable.

Only 2 more full days left before we get on the plane to go home!!!! Everyone is very excited about that. It feels like we've been here for so long and we're all homesick.
Sorry there are no pictures... I'll do better tomorrow with MY camera!!

2 comments:

Shana Rodeen said...

So glad that Aleigha is sleeping again. I'm counting down the days, too! : )

Stacey said...

I know that you guys are very homesick but TRY to enjoy your time there and soak it all in. I wish I would have done that in England although 2 years was a pretty long time. Sawyer's party was fun and he and Grayson get a long great-they are like wild animals together. At one point Grayson was riding on Sawyer's back in the party room. They were running around like crazy at the carnival.