Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 7 - Nanchang




Aleigha took her 1st bath by herself. She finally gave in and stopped crying and had a good time.
That was a relief. Jeff went on a trip to rural China today with most of our travel group. They visited a small village in the country. Aleigha and I stayed back because it was a 2 hr bus trip there and I didn't think she would enjoy it... nor would I trying to entertain her for 2 hrs in a bus seat each way! Aleigha and I went to Wal-Mart again with Sherry and Lily. It was quite an adventure again. So many stories but most of them are "you had to be there" stories so I'll just suffice it to say that ALWAYS keep your babies legs covered at all times no matter what temperature it is!! That was just one of the fiasco's of our Wal-Mart day....
Then Aleigha, Jeff and I took a 3 hr nap from 3-6pm. Then supper and bed at 9. Aleigha is a great sleeper and eater. She slept last night from 9pm-6:30am. She still really likes food over her bottle. Her diapers are definitely too small so we'll buy larger ones when we get to Guangzhou. Her 12 mo onesies are way too small too but her onesie saved her pretty white outfit today from a diaper blowout so i'm glad i'm stretching them over her! :)
Tomorrow we are flying from Nanchang to Guangzhou. The flight leaves at 3:30 and we're leaving this hotel at 12:30. It's another 2 hr flight and the weather is in the 80's. I did not pack appropriately. I didn't pack any summer clothes for anyone so we may be sweating for a few days.
Jeff has a really bad cold/cough and we ran out of Sudafed. Unfortunately, they don't have the same medications here. I don't think they medicate as much as we do in the US! So he's just going to have to tough it out. I pray that we don't get it from him!
I doubt I'll be blogging tomorrow since it's a travel day and I'm sure we'll be exhausted by the time we get to the hotel and unpack, etc. This will be the 1st time that we'll have Aleigha on the plane with us so it will be a little stressful. I hope the next hotel is as nice as this one.
We can't wait to come home!!!!!!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

I love the updates Shel! She is SO stinking cute!

Melissa S. said...

I hope Jeff feels better very soon! I don't blame you for staying back instead of a 2 hour bus ride with a one-year old. I'll be thinking of you on the plane ride as well!

I had a feeling Aleigha may be wearing 12-18 month clothes. My coworkers said no way, but I'm usually pretty good at judging. Guess I was right :)

I check your blog everyday and can't wait to see more pictures and hear more of what you're up to. I'm just so excited!!!

Stacey said...

I am so happy she is enjoying her bath!! She looks like she has nice long legs. I can't wait to hear all your stories. Poor Jeff! I really hope he feels better soon. She must be big-even Bex is wears 12 mo. in onesies (his are Carter's) and he is 75 % for height and weight.