Tuesday, April 22, 2008

China in a nutshell... so far...

So as you can see from the dates on the right side of the page, our journey to adopt a little girl from China began (on paper) on 7/31/05 when we signed the application. Actually, we've thought about China for many years before then. We pray that we receive a referral this year. The group in front of us is expected to receive thier referrals sometime in May. That would mean that China is working on referrals for families that have Log In Dates (LIDs) in January 2006. Our LID is 2/20/06. We are the next group BUT they send referrals only 5-6 days at a time so it could be MONTHS before they reach Feb 20th, 2006 dates. China has become very, very, v e r y slow since January 2008 (like they weren't already slow - it actually got slower!) due to some govermental changes and updating their adoption program. It's all very confusing so it's hard for me to organize all the information.

Here is what our trip will look like when we finally get to go....
We fly into Beijing and stay for 2-3 days to complete paperwork, etc.
Then we fly to the Providence where our baby will be to pick her up. We stay there for 5 days. Then we go to Quangzhou for 5 more days and that is where we will fly out of to come back home.
Total days in China = 12-13

We are not matched with a baby until 6 weeks before we travel. The average age is 12 months old and it will definitely be a girl! We still have put her room together yet.. we have plenty of time to work on it. It's all here - just not all together.
When something changes, I'll definitely add it to my blog..

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Now wasn't that therapeutic?? That is more than you have ever explained to me. I have learned that you have to be above average in intelligence to be able to adopt and manage all the forms and paperwork. I would have to hire someone to help me!! Shell, I am praying that it happens very soon!!

Holli said...

I am Stacey's friend- only for a couple more weeks till she leaves me:)! We are adopting from Ethiopia and my sister is adopting from China and ET now too because of the LONG wait....
Praying for you, your family and your daughter! Can't wait to read more!

Holli said...

I added you to my adoption blog roll. Let me know if that is ok? Oh I am also Carrie's sister inlaw..... Small world!

Kathy S said...

This website is very cool. Thanks for keeping us updated!